While I’d like to say that coming out of the holiday season has me feeling like I need to get my sweet tooth in check, really, it’s coming out of this last year that has me feeling that way. A little prologue for you…
1 1/2 cups sliced dates
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup puffed rice
1 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup cacao powder (if you’re looking for a true punch of nutrients, use cacao instead of cocoa)
3 tbl. honey
4 tbl. coconut oil
1. Blend oats, puffed rice, and coconut flakes in a food processor until broken down to about a quarter of their original size.
2. Blend dates and cocao until they are fully incorporated with the other ingredients. The dates should be broken down enough to where you hardly see them.
3. Blend coconut oil and honey until they are fully incorporated and formed into one homogenous mass (you can test this by pulling out a piece and squeezing it. It should hold together easily.)
4. Place into the refrigerator for 3-5 minutes to firm up the coconut oil (which will have become fairly loose during the blending).
4. Break off a piece about half the size of a gold ball, and shape into a ball.
5. Roll in shredded coconut or any topping of your choice.